Thursday, July 29, 2010

Truly Grateful...

About three months ago, while online trying to get outfit ideas for my then upcoming engagement pictures, I came upon the blog of Kim from Anthroholic...whom many of you know.  I spent an entire night and the next day reading almost every post Kim had and from there, discovered Tien from Adiaphane, Ashley from Anthropologie Girl, Sara from You, Me and Anthropologie, Cat from Anthrosdottir and Carol and Kathryn from In Pursuit of Pretty Things.

I've become a huge fan of reading every single one of these blogs, as well as many others I've since started to follow.  I literally look forward to coming into my office in the morning, get my usual morning cup of joe, and sitting down to read what new blog entries popped up while I was sleeping. 

Reading blogs and talking about fashion is one thing, but what I was never expecting during this whole time was the friendships I've started to gain from all you wonderful girls.  On top of that, how generous some of you can be to people that you've never met.  Cat, from Anthrosdottir kept me in mind when she found an unsual mark down of the new sapphire Acting Out Skirt and decided to snatch it up for me as an early wedding present.  And last night, I found on my door step yet another package from Anthropologie.  I didn't open it right away because I assumed it was my Clinton Trench...but after seeing Anthro's shipping email saying it'd arrive on 8/2/2010, I tore open this box.  Inside was this:

To my surprise, they were from Carol and Kathryn of In Pursuit for Pretty Things.  The mugs stood for of course Cindi and Chris and they were our wedding present.  I was so filled with emotion that I was almost in tears.  I just can not believe what incredible, strong, beautiful women are out there and how this wonderful little blog community has affected my life.  These days we hear about how women are always competitive and jealous of one another.  How we can never just support one another without an alterior motive.  Although this may be true in some ways, it sure does not apply to this blogging community.  I've never seen a group of girls so supportive and honest with one another.  I'm so happy I've decided to join you wonderful girls as part of this online family.  Thank you for all the joys you've brought to my life and hopefully, I've sprinkled some in yours.

Cat - I love reading about your traveling adventures and work mishaps (though I'm sure you're a super top performer).  I continue to look forward to your ever-so-awesome fitting room reviews.  Although you and I are different sizes, I value what you have to say and always end up trying on things you've reviewed.  I look forward to meeting you some day!

Carol - You're truly a sweetheart, so helpful and thoughtful.  A true mom!  I think you have probably two of the cutest kids in the world and look forward to seeing them grow up on this blogging community.  Thank you so much for thinking of Chris and I during this time!  I look forward to your blog entries everyday, so keep them coming! 

Kathryn - Chris and I have talked about naming our daughter, if we have a girl, Kathryn, because every Kathryn we've known has been nice and sweet, like yourself.  :)  Besides, we love the name Kat as a shorter version, and of course all the Kats and Cats we've met are also great girls (as proven by the lovely Cat! Haha).  Your friendship with Carol is truly a special one and I oftentimes wished I still lived in LA so you guys can adopt me.  :)  You're such a wonderful and creative person so thank you for thinking of us! 

I'm truly touched, humbled, and grateful!  I love ALL you girls who follow me and thank all that make an effort to comment to boost my ego!  Haha.  What a lovely Thursday so far.  I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am! 


18 comments:

  1. That is so sweet of them! Congrats again on your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's so sweet! It's a great little community we have here! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love this post, Cindi! It warms my heart :) The community really is so special! I'm so excited for you and Chris during your special time - congratulations again!! Enjoy it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! Those are really cute mugs. This really is a great community and I love it. I love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm pretty sure you're one of the most grateful people ever! i love this post and getting to read about the wonderful relationships you've made with the girls in the community. those mugs are awesome - i can say that honestly because dave and i have "d" & "a" mugs :) those things are heavy duty! it was so thoughtful of Carol & Kathryn to get them for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet of Cat and Carol and Kathryn - and it couldn't have happened to a nicer girl than you, Cindi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so sweet! I love this blogging community and all of the nice people I've been getting to know, especially you Cindi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! This was such a touching post, Cindi! And having joined this blogging community somewhat recently, I know that many of us are so, so grateful for your constant encouragement and sweet, positive comments.

    Thanks you so much, and I hope that you and Chris enjoy this special time in your lives. It should be truly savored!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so sweet of them! What a lovely gift:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really really sweet thing of those ladies to do - so touching and thoughtful! And what a surprise that must have been for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a thoughtful post Cindi and such a sweet gesture by the ladies to send you something for your special day- super lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How totally awesome and wonderful was that nice gift?!?!

    You are absolutely spot on about the wonderful and positive support everyone here in blog land gives.

    Group hug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, that is super sweet of K&C :) And Cat is a sweetheart too. The community here is indeed pretty wonderful. And congratulations to you! Only a month now to go, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, I love this post! Kathryn and Carol were so sweet and thoughtful to do that for you. I truly love this blogging community and have had some wonderful experiences as well.
    I'm glad to know you Cindi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the sweet words, Cindi! I know we haven't met, yet. But, I consider you a friend... Btw... you're on my to-do list for my next Seattle trip. I You don't know it yet, but we're doing side-by-side fitting room reviews a la Kathryn and Carol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I'm really glad you like the cups, Cindi! Yay! And we have adopted you already, hahaha - Kathryn said something much along those lines to me one day. I think regarding a comment you left about Kate's birthday party? =) Thanks for your sweet words - and if you're ever in SoCal again, you absolutely must make time to get together with me and Kathryn. It'll be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww thank you girls! What lovely comments. I am definitely feeling all warm and fuzzy inside...like my doggie Chewy!

    goldenmeans - Yep! Just 30 more days. AHHH!!! I try not to think about it. Maybe everything will fall into place if I ignore it. Hehe.

    Cat - I went "0_0" when I read side by side reviews. It'll be kinda scary as I'll be just standing stiffly and you'll be model-esque like you always look. YOu'll need to teach me how to look more natural! Haha.

    Carol - Aww!! I really think you and Kathryn's friendship is one of the most special ones I've known. My best friend and I are 3000 miles apart...and I hate that! And oh...whenever I see your kids...Kate especially since she's sooo young, my ovaries start clapping! Like I want one...one of those babies...right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just had to write in when I saw your fiance's name is Chris. My name is Cindy also and my husband's name happens to be Chris. We even ended up with the same middle initials so we share all three initials now. What a coincidence! :) And you and I both also love Anthro! ;)

    ReplyDelete