Monday, May 17, 2010

Wonderful Weekend Wins

Hello all!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  It's Monday again, which sucks for sure.  But do we all know what this means?  Yep!  That means tomorrow there is going to be a HUGE Anthro sale.  Through the blogosphere, I found out that there will be a big semi-annual blow out at your local Anthro.  Make sure to check Anthroholic later tonight for a listing of what's going to be on the sales racks tomorrow.  Kim is always very good at making sure she gives us everything on the list to be marked down. 

My weekend was wonderful!  We finally started the packing process in anticipation for our move and we were in a purging frenzie!  I hate clutter around the house so it was a great weight lifted when we purged a bunch of old mail and magazines that we don't need anymore.  I was also able to clean my closet a bit and give some clothes to my mom.  She will either wear them or save them to give to our relatives in China.  I know...silly isn't it? 
From left: Marla, Wai, Me, Jean - happy hour at Palominos in downtown Seattle

On Sunday I met up some three of my bridesmaids.  These are my girl friends from high school and every now and then, if we can clear some time out from our busy schedules, we hang out and shop.  This weekend I needed help picking out my jewelry for the wedding so they were great to come along.  We did some normal shopping as well and I think all four of us went home with some great finds.  Here's some of what I got:
This skirt was so comfortable.  I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it.  The color I got was more of an orange than a coral.  See below as I wore it today for  my OOTD.


My friend Marla and I really loved this tunic but there were no XS's left, so sadly she was unable to go home with one.  In the picture it looks fine on this model without a belt, but to me, I think a belt is needed to complete the look.  I can't wait to wear this!  I got it in a gray and will be sporting this once my gray snakebite belt comes in the mail. 

I was also able to find a great white and black poka dot sleeveless blouse at J. Crew which I just adore and a couple of thin cardigans.  I was unable to find the items I got at J.Crew online so I apologize! 

As mentioned earlier, I wore the Halogen skirt today for my OOTD.  The light green sweater is a steal of a deal from J. Crew yesterday.  There were just so many cute things at J. Crew...I really needed to control myself.  Same philosophy goes for tomorrow at Anthropologie.  Hehehe...enjoy and good night! 




Cardigan: J. Crew ruffle cardigan
Top: J. Crew ruffle tank
Skirt: Halogen (Nordstrom Point of View)
Necklace: Macy's
Shoes: Ciao Bella (DSW)

2 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds like my mom. She sends my closet purged items to my relatives in Korea. Asian moms...I love them!! I'm digging your color combo. Great outfit! I'm hoping to snag a snake bite belt at the sale today. Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cat! I always wonder if people get offended getting my old clothes since there are a lot of cute items there. I'm from a city in Northern China and we get a lot of Korean influences so while I was back last summer, there were a bunch of stores selling "Korean Style Clothing". Whatever that means. :)

    ReplyDelete