Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Perilla vs. Sweets

Hello all!  I'm having a wonderful hump day.  It's sunny and going to be 75 degrees today so a perfect day to go check out the Anthro sale.  I decided to skip it yesterday because I knew I was on a mission, and that was to find a dress.  There's really nothing I need to have right now, so even if I do go today, I know I won't go crazy.  The only thing I really want is the Field Game Cardigan, and my God, when are they going to put that thing on sale?  It's been out since Christmas of last year! 

Anyhoo, so as I mentioned, I went to Anthro yesterday to decide on whether I wanted to take the plunge and get the Tea and Sweets dress.  I saw a recent blog entry from Ashley of Anthropologie Girl showing off her most recent Perilla dress purchase.  I thought it looked super good on her and would have never really thought about trying it on, so I decided to grab it when I was there.  I grabbed the navy and the beige in both S and M and decided on the navy in a M.  I can probably get away with a S but it hugged my hips a little too much for my liking. 


I felt this dress was more versatile than the Tea and Sweets dress since I can put a cardi over it and wear it for work.  I also liked that you can dress it up or down with just a change of shoes.  I can see myself in this with flats on vacation.  With the Tea and Sweets dress, there's no way I could dress that down.  And wearing it for work would just be silly!  I'm already the most overdressed in our little office as is.  I might as well show up in my wedding gown one day!  Ha!

So girls, I plan on wearing this little one to my rehearsal dinner.  With some red pumps, I think it'll be the perfect outfit.  Our dinner will be at an Italian restaurant so I can wear this and feel comfortable in it even after a pasta buffet! 

The other day  I also tried on the Vagabond Dress in the blue and fell in love with the fit.  But I had already bought the Speckled Ink Dress and didn't really need two jersey dresses.  I went home and tried on the speckled ink again and just wasn't happy anymore with the fit and the weight.  After the vagabond, I really loved the heavyness of the fabric.  Not to mention, with tights and boots for the winter months, I can wear this all year round.  So I decided to return the speckled for the vagabond!  Good news is the vagabond was actually cheaper!  WIN WIN! 

My OOTD today is a tribute to sales items!  Everything I'm wearing I bought on sale and got great deals on.  I never buy anything at J.Crew for full price, especially since they have such great sales and internet specials.  And I'm debuting my Blue Book Blouse.  I think I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with this little number.  The blouse fits well and has a lot of give, but for some reason, I feel like the buttons are pulling.  Does this happen to anyone that owns this blouse?  If I sized up, it really won't feel good.  But oh well, it works!  I still love it. 


See the button in the middle of the blouse pulling a little?

There it is again.  Is it cause of my boobies?  :) 

P.S. I know you've seen me in a lot of ponytails lately.  It's because my hair is really getting too long to do anything with.  I need to get it trimmed or something.  But just haven't gotten around to it with everything that's going on. 

Have a happy day! 

12 comments:

  1. The Perilla looks great on you!! Good choice! I really like that cardigan that you paired with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Perilla dress on you. It definately is more versatile. If it fits the occassion, definately wear it because it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following now :). Thank you for entering my J Crew bracelet giveaway.

    Congrats on your wedding! Yep, your wedding is approaching, too!

    The Anthro dress with a pair of red pumps will definitely be perfect.

    I love your outfit of the day, too! I want that skirt :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rehearsal dress choice! We just might be rehearsal dress twins :)

    Did you wear a cami under your Blue Book Blouse? I still can't decide if wearing it with no cami is work appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin - Thanks! I love that cardi too and it was a steal of a deal from J.Crew. I have it in like 3 colors and always find myself grabbing it since it's so comfy and light weight.

    Pamela - I saw the Sweet Treasures Dress on you and it looks A to the Awesome!!!

    PetiteGorgeous- I can't wait to hear and see more of your wedding on the blog. I read that you're going to wear a qi pao...how cute! I love the look of them but I didn't have a chance to get one made for me when I returned to China.

    Sara - Hmm I decided against it since I was going to layer the cardi over it. I actually buttoned the cardi for another flight attendant look and it actually worked out well. It hides the pulling of the buttons. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that skirt and want it! Which is that, Cindi?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol - I got the skirt at J.Crew and right now there's a 30% off sales items promotion. I've checked and there are still sizes 0 and 2's in the petites (I'm guessing you're a petite...the skirt hits me an inch above the knee and I'm 5'5"). The only thing is, I've heard all sales are final. But I think that might apply to instore only. Here's the link for you in case you're interested. It fits TTS for me and it's very nice quality. Love it!
    http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/skirts/suitingskirts/PRDOVR~86013/99102012696/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+17+4294967054~15~~~~~~~/86013.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the Perilla on you. I'm trying to hold out for sale but it's so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I really love the Perilla on you. I think I like it more than the Tea and Sweets Dress. I have to admit I like the Vagabond Dress more than the Speckled Ink. I think you're right about the versatility. It's a really seasonless item. Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LC - You have to try the dress on at least once! I think it's going to be a very versatile dress that I can grab even on those lazy days. Sometimes I on a lazy sunday I just don't want to be all buttoned up in a shirt dress, but still wanna look cute ya know?

    Cat - Aww thank you! I really like the perilla. I'm a total comfort girl so anything like this is always a win for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I hate it when blouses pull open over the boobs, too. One thing that works for me is to sew a snap there. Takes about five minutes and totally fixes the problem. Maybe it would work for you too!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cindi- I am wayyyy behind on my blog reading. But I had to pipe in and also say how gorgeous you look in the Perilla! Thanks for the shout out btw. The perilla is beyond comfortable and it is perfect for work and a night out. I vote for the perilla- you won't regret it! I am also loving your OOTD- you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete