Thursday, March 10, 2011

Some Randoms: Journey Home

I've been pretty busy this week dealing with some personal stuff...nothing too big...just random things around town...so I haven't been able to keep up with my blog reading and posting as much.  I have so many great posts in mind waiting to be written, but just have to find the time.  They will be coming soon though!

So I just thought I'd post a random blog entry real quick.  Almost three years ago, I made my journey home from LA back to Seattle.  Chris, who lived in Seattle at the time, bought a condo, got everything ready for me to move in, then met me in LA to help me drive an U-Haul truck back.  He didn't help...he completely DROVE it for me!  He wouldn't let me drive...which was weird...but sweet at the same time.  We decided to make it into a mini vacation and stopped in Napa Valley for some wine and dine night before heading into Oregon then Washington.  But it was one of the best times I've had in my life.  Somewhere along HWY 101, the rest of my life started.  And it was...and still is...sublime.

My life in a box!  The Uhaul was about all loaded the night before we left.
Yep...this was my view in my driveway of the apartment I was living in.  Ahh...I still miss you, Manhattan Beach!
Morning of, we went to a place with this sign for breakfast...yum!
Yep...Carl's Jr!  At the time we loved this place cause Washington didn't have one!  Now we do though.
The view of the vineyard from Opus One winery.  As you can see, our photography skills sucked then.  This is sooo under exposed!
We then ventured to Peju, our favorite winery and bought a case of their cabernet!
After spending the night in Napa, we were on our way again.
Home sweet home!  Seattle, Washington!

Also, remember this couple?
I posted about them some time last year when he asked me to help in his proposal to one of my best friends since high school.  Wai + Tats is getting married in TWO MONTHS and this weekend they're going to take their engagement photos with their photographers.  I asked them if we can meet up afterwards to help them shoot some more pics and they agreed.  So stay tuned for those pics! 

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet post Cindi! Reminds me of when we moved to WA-WA land last year when my hubby drove the u-haul. I freaking love Napa and I miss it so! ps. I DIE for Carl's Jr. jalapeno burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you lived in Manhattan Beach? MB is our default beach hang out in the summer time since it is so family friendly, and just a great area in general!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! It sounds like such a fun adventure. Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that's so sweet that Chris drove the UHaul for you. He's a keeper. You know your man's a keeper when he does things like that, and puts gas in your car (wild guess, and I'm sure he does).
    And that restaurant w. the warning sign cracked me up. And yes, I'm off to bed now. I only have time to browse when my kids are in bed. Gute nacht. And NO, your pics are not boring. In fact, they give me sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, your photography skills have improved dramatically..hehe!
    This is a very sweet story. I consider moving as one of the hardest things to do. Not only is it physically draining, but i find it hard adjusting to a new area. It's great to read that Chris made it easier for you by driving for you :-)
    congratulations to your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh' I enjoyed reading your journey to your new home. I understand you that it is really hard to leave in a place where you start to dream. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Looking forward for your next post.

    condo in Philippines

    ReplyDelete